Terms of service
Ask-a-Doc is owned and operated by Westlands Medical Centre. The site is available to facilitate communication between healthcare professionals and consumers who choose to use this service.
We are committed to be professionally responsible, be compliant with all applicable laws and guidelines, work towards your best interest and maintain your privacy.
The website is not intended to be used as:
- A means to treat a medical emergency condition. In case of an emergency, get in touch with emergency service providers immediately.
- A means to resolve legal, medical or financial issues outside the scope of what is to be provided.
The outcome of consultation from this website is to be used for informational purposes only. It should not be used as a guarantee or representation, whether implied or otherwise, that you have been checked, diagnosed and treated. Westlands Medical Centre will not be held liable for any action or decision you take as a result.
To use this service, you must be 18 years of age or older.
To use this service, you must be registered.
In registering, visiting and using the website or accepting this agreement, you confirm to Westlands Medical Centre that you are 18 years of age or older, and you are authorized to use the website and the services available therein and you also agree to abide by the terms stipulated here.
We collect certain information about you.
Information you provide on the website and share with the consultant health practitioners is broadly divided into three:
- Information relating to devices used to access the website and anonymous data usage. This information will be used to improve quality of service and make your browsing of our website more fulfilling.
- Personal information like email, phone numbers and financial information. The information will be used for the purposes of communication, collecting feedback in relation to users’ experience on the website and processing payments.
- Personal health information shared with consultant health practitioners. This information is not stored anywhere on this website. The health practitioners will hold your personal health information in the strictest of confidences as required by law.
There are, however, instances where we will be required to disclose your information:
- When the law requires us to. This can be for oversight, as part of legal proceedings, law enforcement, national security, to report a criminal activity like abuse or when the safety of a person or public is at stake. This information may be disclosed with or without your consent but it will be within the parameters of the law.
- As part of your treatment, your personal health information may be shared. This may be in case of a follow up treatment, healthcare oversight etc.
- At your request.
You are responsible for your account access information like passwords. While every care will be taken to protect your account from unauthorized access, we shall nevertheless not be held liable for any unauthorized access and losses incurred.
You are responsible for the accuracy of information you provide on the website. Westlands Medical Centre reserves the right to discontinue your usage of this service if it has been determined you provided inaccurate information for the purposes of misleading others.
We charge for consultation services offered
The charges applicable and payment method are reflected on the form you will fill to request consultation. Charges vary depending on whether you are seeking general consultation or consultation from a specialist. Note that payment has to be done before the consultation happens.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
In the unlikely event you have not had a consultation, reach out to us within three (3) days after the day the consultation was to take place and you will be refunded the amount in full.
In case you cancel the consultation before it takes place, cancellation charges will be levied. This will be subtracted from fees paid and the rest will be refunded to you.
In case the consultation could not happen at the appointed time, no refund will processed. Instead, the consultation will be rescheduled.
We will be updating these terms now and then
We reserve the right to change these terms from time to time as we fit. Your continued use of this website after the new terms have been posted will signify your acceptance of the updated terms.
If you have any questions or queries
Kindly get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.